- Research the company and go through possible questions they might ask you- The more clued up on the company the better, this will demonstrate how much you want the job and will minimise how many times you may say ‘umm, uhh, like’.
- Positive body language and dressing the part, even if it’s a phone call interview!- This subliminally will help you sound more confident, and be in the correct mind state of ‘dressing for the job you want’.
- Ask questions (But do not interrupt!)- Interviews are a two-way street, this is your opportunity to find out a bit more about them as well as showing your interest in their organisation.
- Be mindful of the speed you are speaking- If you’re nervous you will naturally talk faster, take a deep breath and try to relax. This gives the impression of confidence.
- Don’t apologise for being nervous!- As this will give the impression that you are worried about your suitability for the role and not believe in your skills.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before- An obvious one but, first impressions count. No one likes hanging around waiting! So, plan your route and add extra travel time in case of traffic, etc.
And remember, you got to this stage for a reason! So be confident in your skills and attributes!
If you feel you could benefit from more Dos and Don’ts or would like a free one-to-one session from one of our Career Advisors, don’t hesitate to get in touch! -> http://bit.ly/2on0jXZ